Friday, April 24, 2020

Briefly.

Being a Patriots’ fan on draft night is like being a Jewish kid on Christmas.

Really, is there anything more useless than a mock draft?

Trivia #1: What does the element ‘NO2’ stand for?

Trivia #2: In 2000, the Cleveland Browns selected Courtney Brown with the #1 pick in the NFL draft. Brown is often considered a bust but did have a productive rookie season. Which of the following did he achieve in his first season? – Record five sacks, Forced a fumble, 70 combined tackles, play in all 16 games, ate a hot dog on the bench during a game.

Trivia #3: So the XFL has folded, again. Vince McMahon owned 100% of the league’s Class A shares and 76.5% of the Class B shares. Who owned the remaining 23.5% of the Class B shares?

Trivia #4: In 2006, wide receiver Kevin Mahan was drafted out of the University of Maine by the Oakland Raiders. What was the relevancy of the pick?

Trivia #5: Which of the following three defensive tackles were taken first overall in the NFL Draft?

  1. Ndamukong Suh, Steve Entman, Randy White
  2. Dan Hampton, Joe Greene, Merlin Olsen
  3. Dan Wilkinson, Art Donovan, Ernie Stautner
  4. Russell Maryland, Steve Entman, Dan Wilkinson

 

NO2 is a noxious gas emitted by motor vehicles, power plants and industrial facilities. Levels in the northeast United States in March were down 30% from the prior month.

Speaking of the NFL draft, the San Francisco 49ers last year had arguably the best defensive line in football. In true Red Auerbach fashion, they drafted the said “best player available” in defensive tackle Javon Kinlaw out of South Carolina. Damn!

Speaking of the NFL draft, Mel Kiper makes my skin crawl. I look forward to Todd McVay who is at least tolerable. McVay was unavailable last night due to his dealing with the coronavirus. Good luck to him!

It’s going to be difficult to get all geared up for the NFL draft tonight like I did last night. My wife told me it’s Friday.

For you Patriots’ fans, are you? Brady is gone, Gronk is gone, Bill still lives. In Bill we trust. Go Pats!

Tommy Boy Brady, welcome to Tampa. First, he was booted from a local park for violating the city’s quarantine orders, then he walked into the home of David Kramer thinking it was the home of Buccaneers’ offensive coordinator Byron Leftwich who lives next door to Kramer. Brady allegedly apologized profusely.

I think, I think I am, therefore I am, I think.

Quote for the week: “If there is someone you look up to, try to be better than they are. Then, look for someone better than that and build from there. It’s all about being a better person.” – No idea who said that

Quote for the week, part deux: “Trust me, gloves work.” – OJ Simpson

87% of gym members don’t even know their gym is closed.

The Marathon Gas station in Francis Creek, Wisconsin listed regular gas for 86 cents per gallon this past Wednesday. 

Article I just had to read: Can the coronavirus be spread through farts? (Monday’s NY Post, if you are interested) 

This week’s sign of the apocalypse: A judge in Harris County, TX on Wednesday ordered residents to start wearing face masks in public for 30 days beginning next week – or possibly face a fine. 

This week’s sign of the apocalypse, part deux: You can now watch Origami on pay per view.

Trivia #1 answer: What does the element ‘NO2’ stand for? – Nitrogen dioxide

Trivia #2 answer: In 2000, the Cleveland Browns selected Courtney Brown with the #1 pick in the NFL draft. Brown is often considered a bust but did have a productive rookie season. Which of the following did he achieve in his first season? – Record five sacks, Forced a fumble, 70 combined tackles, play in all 16 games, ate a hot dog on the bench during a game. – he played in all 16 games

Trivia #3 answer: So the XFL has folded, again. Vince McMahon owned 100% of the league’s Class A shares and 76.5% of the Class B shares. Who owned the remaining 23.5% of the Class B shares? – The WWE

Trivia #4 answer: In 2006, wide receiver Kevin Mahan was drafted out of the University of Maine by the Oakland Raiders. What was the relevancy of the pick? – The ”relevancy” of the pick was that it was the 255th and final pick in the draft or… Mahan was better known as “Mr. Irrelevant” 

Trivia #5 answer: Which of the following three defensive tackles were taken first overall in the NFL Draft? – #4 Russell Maryland, Steve Entman, Dan Wilkinson

Happy Birthday today to brother Paul! 

“I worked like a slave for years
Sweat so hard just to end my fears
Not to end my life a poor man
But by now, I know I should have run”

– The Moody Blues

Be safe out there

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s